vineri, 4 decembrie 2015

Windows Search Indexer High CPU

After the latest upgrade to Windows 10, I saw very high CPU consumption from two processes, SearchProtocolHost.exe and SearchIndexer.exe.
The CPU was at 80-90%. I looked up for a solution and found it here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/microsoft-windows-search-filter-host-is-burning-my/bae4c974-5b47-4ab2-b17d-c599853f00f1?auth=1
It seems to be an older problem, prior to Windows 10.
To solve this I went to Control Panel and opened "Indexing Options". On the top of the window, I could see that the index was being built. I then went to "Advanced" and under the "Index Settings" tab, in the "Troubleshooting" section, I chose "Rebuild". This deletes the index and rebuilds it. Apparently there is "an error with the index" that causes the CPU consumption. As soon as I chose to rebuild, the CPU went down to reasonable values, below 5%.
These are the processes to look for in Task Manager:


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu